Monday, March 28, 2011

Switch Witchery

Clearly I have kept up with CNN much better than this blog, but that's not to say I haven't kept myself and my mind busy with a few home decorating/craft projects...

When I saw this tutorial, I was skeptical that I could ever re create something that looked that good, but knew that striped curtain panels would look perfect in my son's nautical/pirate room.

So, I picked up two packs of plain curtain panels (navy & white), switch witchery hemming tape, and gross grain ribbon and held my breath while I cut and ironed away...

I'm not gonna lie, there were a couple of times I wanted to throw in the towel, but I stuck with it and low and behold, I think they turned out pretty darn
F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!





Now, I will be the first to point out all the imperfections (I'm pretty sure the stripes at the top might be a little thinner than the stripes at the bottom and clearly I should not quit my day job to pursue a career in professional ironing),

but I am still very pleased with how they turned out!!










Photobucket


UndertheTableandDreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment